Not a good day. Still trying to find the silver lining...
This morning, I was up at 5:30 to go wait in line for tickets for Twelfth Night tonight, but by 9, it became clear that there was no chance of getting tickets. Anne Hathaway is in the title role and she's the it actress these days, and the pay being free and all, New Yorkers just love things like this, even if it involves waiting in line for 8 hours. Not that it's not fun: every year since I moved to NYC, I have done this with Becky, or with more friends, always camping out and having a picnic, spending those few hours together. In any case, we had a nice breakfast in the park this morning, I just wish it wasn't at 6:30.
We walked over to the West side to get some coffee, and while we were inside Starbucks hanging out, my beautiful red bike got stolen :( My fault for being naive and thinking that it wouldn't happen in broad daylight in a nice neighborhood. Should have watched this before:
Then, I just wanted to retreat into some alternate reality. Murakami. Reading all day, until there were no more pages to read. Absorbed in a world of sheep, high class call girls, very lonely people trying to find meaning. It took me to a lonely place, yet I was happy to be alone. Sad about my bike, sad about people leaving, people being far, about endings in general.
Then it finally had a happy ending: finding the way back to reality, finding comfort and safety next to a loved one. With or without a bike, what more could we ask for?
1 comment:
Elképesztő, hogy a biciklilopások teljesen nyíltan mennek, még egy rendőr autó is elmegy az egyik mellett, de semmit nem szól. Hát ez van! Nem szép! Kérdés: érdemes-e kikötve hagyni, vagy a statisztika szerint ritkán lopják el az ember biciklijét. Hiszen annyi van, lehet választani!
Sajnálom, hogy most a tied került sorra, de ez legyen a legnagyobb gondod!
Puszi
Post a Comment