To be absolutely honest, I am not too upset to be staying in lab late tonight. My apartment, once again, has turned into a hotel... a high-school classmate from Hungary was in the area - well, Boston - for a conference and wanted to check out NYC since it's her first time in the US. This is all great and I am always happy to help people out and show them around, but she's staying for 9 days! She's a very nice girl, but we haven't been friends since high school and she's a bit overwhelming at times. After spending pretty much the entire weekend with her, I am happy to have some alone time, even if it's spent with my macrophages growing in the incubator.
I am not sure how much people appreciate favors like this one. It's not only about staying in a city like NY for free - although that's pretty amazing too - but also the fact that being a tourist vs. hanging out with someone local are totally different. I am taking her along with me to all the things I have planned with friends. I think that's the perfect to way to get the feel for a city and the people who live there and the way it is to live there.
In any case, I shouldn't complain, I had a wonderful weekend, I hope she did too. Some pictures to prove it.
Bar Mé on top of a hotel in Midtown right underneath the Empire State Building, for Erin's 1st good-bye party (sadly, she left for California today :(
And then, the essential, lab bowling outing, in the first row on the bottom picture, are the 4 crazy but totally funnest Ivashkiv lab chicks :)
I bowled shittier than ever before in my life, I think I am taking a loooong break from it!
No comments:
Post a Comment