To follow up from Monday: I should have know (I really did, but the hopeless romantic in me didn't let me believe it) that only a girl would be as thoughtful as to send a box of cookies. After spending a considerable amount of time comparing hand-writings from different pieces of paper I could find around the lab and at home, it became clear that a random person at the chocolate shop wrote the card and Janice admitted that she would have signed the card if she knew it would make me crazy. :) Even though Hollywood wants us to believe that it's possible - without any offense to men intended - men and women are just different, and that's it. I am really happy that I have such great friends, without them, life would really not be the same!
This morning, Rachel came by and dropped off a pot of home-made black bean soup with corn muffins, accompanied by a lovely card. Yummy, I am about to have some for lunch.
Staying home and trying to put a last effort into studying today is not going as well as planned, but a little better than I really thought it would go. In any case, the picture below accurately reflects my state of mind at the moment:
No comments:
Post a Comment