Tomorrow is the big day: at 5pm, Eastern time, I can check my MCAT scores. Hard to think about other things, like work and such. Or sleeping. All day today, I was agonizing over the fact that I have to wait until 5 in the afternoon! It's not like they are not going to know those damn scores at midnight tonight! My Mom said "There is a right time for everything." It's true. In the big scheme of things, what do 17 more hours matter? It's good to put things into a bit of a perspective. Get out of my comfort zone and realize how little these things matter.
Riding my bike uptown after a couple of hours at the Beth Israel ER - not a good day at the pediatric ER, lots of very sick kids - music blasting in my ears, dark outside, cool breeze off the Hudson, I am flying down the road, nobody around, just a few joggers here and there, Supergirl from Reamonn comes up on my shuffle. I turn up the volume, it's really loud, and I am singing, more like screaming into the night. A jogger in front of me turns around to see what's going on, then I pass him and think how great it is to be able to scream at the top of my lungs: "Cause I am a supergirl, and supergirls don't cry, I am a supergirl and supergirls just fly!"
1 comment:
:)
Post a Comment