Wednesday, August 8, 2012

All things end

All good (and bad) things come to an end. I suppose it's the great struggle of many of us humans: the moments that last ages, which we cannot wait to get over, and the moments we want to spend years in, which fly by so quickly, all that's left is a fleeting memory of it. Moments when we wish we could stop time: a perfect day by the sea, riding your bike in the wind, touching your lover's face to try to memorize it before the moment of parting, hugging your best friend good-bye before a long journey, or a summer of freedom. I have had nearly two months of those moments, and now it is coming to an end. I am sad. I feel like I am losing something that I can never get back. These memories will always stay with me, I hope. Some of them will make me smile and some will make me cry when I look back to them. But now, it's time to look forward into the future; the coming weeks and months fill me with anxious excitement. A new chapter soon beings in my life. All things end, but then new things begin. Such is life.

No comments: