Another year has come to an end. I spent some time today looking through pictures from the last 365 days. Some things I saw there seemed like they happened years ago, while some seem just like yesterday. Made me think of all the people I know, all the places I visited, things that I did this year. So very rich. A chapter has ended, and another has begun. In more than one way.
Some things to contemplate for 2013: more patience, less facebook, more running, less complaining, and focus on the things that matter more, not on the small things.
Now I am off to run the usual midnight race in Central Park. Here are some of the pictures that made me nostalgic, happy or sad about this past year:
Anti-constitution demonstration in Budapest during the early days of 2012 - Hungary shall be a republic.
Sasha, who reminds me of that whole crazy living arrangement I had for the first half of the year.
So many interviews: my trip to Stanford and the Bay area in February was amazing! Even though I didn't get accepted there, it was the best school I got interviewed at and I loved just being there.
The first nice days of spring in Central Park, with Kata.
In Washington, DC for the Cherry Blossom 10M race in April with Rachel and David. Rachel and I will be running it again in 2013!!
Bohemian beer garden in Astoria!
Leah and Rob's wedding cake, by Janice, of course - a lot of close friends got married this year.
Rob with the Northwestern fencing girls at his wedding
Urszula and Alex got hitched too, at City Hall
Becky and John's wedding
Saying good-bye to the 4th floor of HSS in June
Back home again in June, with Szidi at Lake Balaton for some sailing
My precious little niece with my Mom in Budapest
At the Sting concert, just like when we were 17!
With my brother near Hamburg
With Berit in Hamburg
Hamburg - at the Elbe
London with Dani - running in the rain
Dubrovnik with my cousins from all over the world
In London again, this time, for the Olympics
An almost perfect day in London
Prague with Jana and the little ones
With my parents in Budapest, photo by Yen
The summer of 2012 was arguable one of the best of my life so far. So many people, places, happenings. Budapest, Hamburg, London, Prague, Dubrovnik, all amazing! I was incredibly sad to leave.
New life about to start: getting to know my new med school classmates
My roommate and I at our White Coat ceremony in August. A huge adventure about to begin.
Halloween, some med students, some friends...
Hurricane Sandy in October. We were out biking around the city the next morning. At the time, we had no idea how much damage it had done. The post-hurricane days were kind of fun for us, but we can still feel the after-effects. Things at NYU are just now going back to normal.
For a few days, I was living like a refugee - not a bad lifestyle when your host makes guacamole for dinner - with Emese in Astoria
Election day - Paul is very excited to vote in Murray Hill
Brooklyn Night Bazaar - perhaps a new holiday tradition
At the Columbus statue art exhibit - it's literally a living room with Columbus in the middle of it
Aditya turned 30 and is about to cut a sailboat cake, by Janice of course













2 comments:
Incredible rich year, I wish you many such rich and marvelous years!
Great recap of a great year! We should all do that to remind us of how good our lives are. I think I will think weekend !
Post a Comment