
Every city has some ppular meeting spots. In New York, it's usually a street-corner, in front of a store on Union Square or at a specific Starbucks. In Budapest, one of these spots popular among my friends is in front of a statue in the center of the city. A few times every year I seem to arrive at this statue, waiting to see the friends I see way too rarely. As I was standing there once again yesterday, I had the unmistakable feeling of déjà vu. Last time it was warm and I was able to sit and read while I waited; this time it was cold and dark and my feet were tingling by the time she arrived. I must have stood under that statue many many times before; at that moment last night, my life seemed like a collection of moments under the statue connected by the invisible lines of time. And the way we percieve time is strange: it seemed that it was just days ago I had stood there last, and yet it was more than 4 months ago. I wonder when the next moment on my life's map by the statue will be?
No comments:
Post a Comment