I went to the grocery store this morning to pick up some snacks for a small gathering tonight: hummus, dip and some veggies. I was being lazy, thinking that I was only getting a few things, and didn't get a basket. I picked up the veggies, the veggie dip and then headed for the hummus. I placed the container of hummus on top of nice little pile cradled under my arm and yeah, well, gravity won. The hummus slid off to the floor - and here, I have to say, they could really make those boxes a little sturdier, because the thing opened right up and half the hummus spilled on the floor. Shit, fuck! I looked around, nobody saw. I moved the lid that rolled away closer to the pile of mess I had made, grabbed another box and quickly left the crime-scene. Little did I know that this was going to haunt me all day!!
I am thinking that by confessing to the crime, maybe karma will leave me alone.
Because here is what happened next: I got some coffee on my way back to my apartment and as soon as I got home I very clumsily poured half of that cup of coffee on my laptop keyboard. After a half a box of tissues I even considered bringing in the hair dryer, but all the keys still work, phew. The eject key is a little sticky...
A few minutes later, in the kitchen, a box of cereal fell to the ground, opening down, of course, spilling little pieces of honey-bunches-of-oats EVERYWHERE!!
Next, in the bathroom, I brushed by a box of q-tips sitting on a rack and oops, the box just fell on the ground, conveniently opened and every single q-tip - not even sparing one - rolled out onto the floor. This was a box of 500.
For the rest of the day, I am staying put, trying not to lift anything, touch anything or bring any liquids near my computer. I am not complaining, really, it was a good lesson, I think I learned something, but please, enough now, I confess!
2 comments:
That was just the punishment for not inviting me to that party. But I forgive you so you may enjoy it in peace now :)
To completely easy your conscience you come running with me tomorrow in the park, will do you good after all the junk food you'll eat today anyway :)
You've officially had your "clusmy day", hit your quota, done the time, and made your mark. No worries. Good for another month or so. Oh, and just to be sure, say aloud your begging for forgiveness from the Karma-gods, they like it, and it couldn't hurt your odds. Junk food? omfg, there must've been some issues with Scotsmen in the past perhaps? You've paid your dues..(and then some) to hell with it, eat whatever you want, you've earned it!!
Post a Comment