Friday, February 11, 2011

Passing moments

What's better: the anticipation that proceeds a long awaited moment or being in the moment itself? Certainly, they both beat what comes after the moment passes and all I have left is the nostalgia. Which, by the way, is a pointless emotion. And yes, right now, I would do almost anything to go back to this time last week and to once again be nervously looking forward to the weekend's reunion, but that is silly, so now I need to look positively to the day ahead and the future ahead and take it all as it is, value what I have here an now (and not in some alternative reality, which in a way the weekend felt like) and remember fondly those moments that were so special.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Being in the moment, absolutely. To be fully encompassed in a moment, allowing the soul to digest it all, the mind to retain it, is better (in my opinion) than the anticipation. Nostalgia-emotion does have function and purpose, but it depends on the person.
Allow the past moment to influence you, guide you, inspire you, towards a brighter, more-possible, and enjoyeable future. It is what we crave, strive for, need, and search for often, those moments. So we can feel better (even for a few seconds) so that later on when life beings to suck and everything seems to be going wrong, we can reference and "ping" our emotional core to feel something more positive at that moment. Damn, i gotta lay off the coffee. whew!