You see a person you know on the street, you're about to say hi, then as you get closer you realize it's not that person, just reminds you of that person. So you keep walking, but the person you thought you saw is then in your head for a while. Then soon after that, you actually bump into that person! Has this ever happened to you?
Yesterday, on my way to lab, I passed a guy on my bike, reminded me of Dr. Dan, my podiatrist. I haven't seen him or thought about him much since my last visit to him in February. I don't think it was him I passed, it was the middle of the day, he was most likely working. But then all day, he kept popping up in my thoughts. He's cute:)
In the evening, I found a letter from my insurance company in my mailbox notifying me that the same Dr. Dan had just submitted the claim to them from that last February visit. Weird! But ok, coincidence, maybe I had glanced in the mailbox earlier and saw his name and that caused me to think that I saw him in the park earlier? Probably not, since the letter didn't even come from him.
But this isn't all. After opening that envelope, I headed out for a run to meet Rachel - who, btw, had referred me to Dr. Dan years ago when I had my stress fracture - and not even 5 minutes into my run, strolling down Harlem hill in his short shorts was Dr. Dan! We waved to each other and ran on. Hmmmmm.
No comments:
Post a Comment