This whole blog was born out of frustrations I was experiencing about 10 months ago, related to not being able to run because of an injury. I was an inexperienced runner trying to do too much too quickly and it was not surprising that I got hurt. At the end, things worked out the way they were supposed to: I learned a lot about training, and I still got to run the marathon in Miami, although with less than optimal training.
My timing is much much worse this time around. Just 2 and a half months before the NYC marathon, I managed to get a stress fracture in my foot. And this time around, I was training much smarter, not increasing milage so quickly, taking some rest days, cross-training, and everything was going so well up until 2 weeks ago... after the half marathon, I knew that something was wrong. It took till last night to get an MRI and confirm the fracture. I guess I had mentally prepared myself for this, and so now that I know the diagnosis, I am not as upset as I expected myself to be. The order: 6 weeks of rest from the time of the injury, which means 4 more weeks from now, which means no marathon in 8 weeks. Maybe in 2010, if it's meant to be...
1 comment:
just make sue you defer so you can guarantee your spot (regardless of qualifying this year).
Post a Comment