Sunday, September 13, 2009

Wheels





Ah, what a great weekend! The sun even came out today finally!

Although as soon as I start thinking that life can be and should be uncomplicated, it shows me just how unexpected it can be. Frightening yet wonderful to realize that you just never know what's going to happen. I think, to enjoy the ride, you have accept this completely, and always be open to those unexpected moments. And when I worry about things too much, Becky puts me back on track. There is no one right path, we all try our best to enjoy the ride in our own way. As she put it, and this will be my motto from now on: "You could be 50, confident, in shape, and sleeping with 26-year-olds."

On my way home from a long (3 hours) bike ride today, I took a break by the Hudson (pics above) and then also got to witness a falcon, apparently, in Manhattan - I was told this is a very peculiar thing, and that there is only one falcon family living on the whole island. I am not joking when I say that every single person walking/running/biking by stopped to look and take pictures of this bird. Including myself:

No comments: