Monday, October 12, 2009

On a Brooklyn rooftop





After a rainy Saturday morning, the sky completely cleared out and the day had turned into one of those incredibly clear and crispy ones. You could just see forever and ever, out towards the ocean (sort of, maybe I just imagined it) and all the way to Manhattan, which seems so peaceful from far away - not that Brooklyn is far.

I had so many things in mind to write about; my dead espresso machine, which I decided, deserved a separate post, recent adventures on my bike, why I like hanging out with retired people, why spending time with children makes me want to be a child again, swinging like a monkey, how feeling the wind in my face as I am speeding down the street does make me feel like a kid again, but right now I am not happy with myself, I feel selfish and self-absorbed and yet upset by the fact that an unfriendly comment from a stranger, or an unreturned phone call from a friend can make me feel so crappy. I want to be a better friend, a better lover, a better student, a better scientist, but how do I do that without getting so wrapped up in details?

No comments: