I have been dressing rather uninterestingly for the past couple of months or so. It's mostly a result of my foot hurting and me wearing either the sexy walking boot or some really comfortable sneakers, neither of which go particularly well with skirts or other interesting or pretty outfits. My not running has also coincided with a huge increase in time spent in the lab and, thus, no time to go places where interesting and pretty clothes might be appreciated. There is a pretty bad side-effect to this though: BAD MOODS! No running = no stress release, more time in lab = increased chance of losing my mind, a combination of which is scary. For example, I had made plans with a friend to meet for lunch at 2pm today. It was in my mind all morning, I even mentioned it to a lab-mate who wanted to go buy lunch with me. Then, around 1:30, I decided that I was getting too hungry, I had a break in my experiment, so I went down to the street and bought a huge gyros platter from the usual vendor. On my way back to the lab, by which time it was around 1:45, I remembered my lunch-date!! SHIT!! I quickly called my friend, who was luckily running late, and put my "first" lunch - now dinner - in the fridge.
Back to the outfits though... the point I was trying to make was about my foot and wearing comfortable shoes and boring clothes, which contribute to bad moods - feeling like a slob only increases when one wears slobby clothes too.
Today was the first day that I was walking completely pain-free again, and in my very sexy leather boots (not to confuse with the boot given to me by my podiatrist). I went to see him again 2 days ago and he did another x-ray, which showed a little white bump on the side of my 3rd metatarsal, apparently a sign that some extra calcium has deposited on top of the micro-fracture (proof that drinking crazy amounts of milk is good), which I commented on by saying that "it must then be stronger than before". My podiatrist actually thought that funny, he did not, however, comment on it, which made me believe that it wasn't true. In any case, he said that once the pain was gone - and who knows why there was still pain when the bone had healed itself, or maybe the milk healed it - I could try some easy walk-runs, alternating between a few minutes each, for maybe 15-20 minutes to start with. I am very excited about this and hoping for some nice weather this weekend so I don't have to freeze to death during the walking part (it has been getting colder and colder here...).
I keep getting off track here. Back to the clothes again... So, in celebration of all this, I decided to put the sneakers back in the closet and put on some pink butterfly stockings, a nice skirt, and hot leather boots today. Only my lab-mates benefited, although, for the first time in weeks, I feel great in what I am wearing and hopefully this will also improve my mood. Certainly, leaving the lab would help. The lights turning off around me is probably a good sign that I should leave as well... on to eat my luckily left-over lunch now. Good night!
No comments:
Post a Comment