Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Nothing more to talk about

In my opinion, there are roughly two kinds of people:

The first kind are those who live by ˝Carpe Diem˝, who can take the moment, grab it and get the most out of it, without thinking too much about the future or the consequences. Let's take a girl who sees an old friend again after years, one she had always had a crush on but is now married, only to find out that he is also interested in her. She goes with the flow of the moment without thinking and kisses him. She thinks it's only a few kisses, nothing anybody will ever find out, nothing that will lead to anything more. Then a few kisses become a little more and then some more until she realizes that she has fallen in love with this old friend. Who knows how long it might take her to get untangled from this strange affair? Or let's take another girl who meets a visitor, who's only staying in her town for a few nights. This fact might not stop her from speding a few passionate nights in his arms, even though she knows all too well that the good-bye will be tearful. There are always the memories of those nights to keep her warm on cold and lonely days.

The second kind are those who consider the consequences before acting. I know much fewer examples of this kind of person, as I feel like I know a lot more of the first kind. There is something to be said for the ˝think first, act second˝ sort of people though. They might get hurt much less often. They might also experience less than the first kind of people. In my opinion...
Let's take a boy who likes a girl. Some time ago, they met in a far-away city. Then, the girl was silly, all wound up in an affair all too complicated for her. She didn't notice that the boy liked her. By now, she has realized what a great boy he was and how much she liked him too, but now, they live far away. He still likes her but it's too late now. She's there, he's here, there's nothing more to talk about. She wants to kiss him but he resists, as much as he can. He invites her to his party but gets scared when she shows interest. When she wants to talk, he doesn't think there is anything to talk about. It's too late, she's there, he's here, and he'd rather not get involved.

I AM the girl. And I think that the problem arises when people of the two different types fall in love.

1 comment:

´´Saray´´ said...

I just stumbled upon your page when I pressed the ´´Next blog´´ button so it seems you were my neighbor at the time hehe.

Can I comment on this? Not an expert on the matter since I am heartbroken at the moment (Spanish men are wonderful but also oh so complicated...) but I believe in that saying ´´Opposites attract each other´´ and if you really care about him you should ´´put the cards on the table´´ and have a proper talk about feelings.
If both of you put in 100% it will work ;) differences can also be really romantic; it adds a wee bit of a challenge into a relationship.

(My blog is in Spanish only but I am trying to figure out how to add an ´´automatic translation´´ button to it so feel free to drop in a couple of weeks´ time; I should have figured it out by now)

Lots of luck! :) and keep running.