Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Good endings, great beginnings

Just because a day starts off a little bit weird - getting blown off the sidewalk by a 50 mile wind, or seeing the post-apocalyptic landscape of NYC with buses stranded, iced over and standing across the avenues, people climbing over huge piles of snow - and continues a little more weird - my favorite I-need-a-drink-on-a-Monday-night spot being closed (blizzard?) a lost favorite earring in the East Village, a late night in the lab, getting the shit scared out of me by the security guard making his rounds - it doesn't mean that it cannot be the best day ever!

The discovery of the small earring stuck inside my hat, a very kind note from a stranger, some home-baked cookies, and finally, to crown the day, a letter which says:
"This is to notify you that your application for permanent residence has been approved. It is with great pleasure that we welcome you to permanent resident status in the United States."


And I am officially a permanent resident alien of the United States of America!

Here is to days with great endings and to new beginnings!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! Superb news!! One less thing to worry about...perhaps..maybe. Great to hear! Stay warm, mock the tourists, and applause on the great beginnings!!

Courtney Ann said...

Congratulations, Julie!!! It's a long time coming. Sooo happy for you!

Katóka said...

Draga Julcsim!
Mint "uj idoeszamitasod" kezdetenek
egykori segítoeje, -.boldog bueszkeseggel gratulalok szerencsedhez és a sok évi, kemeny munkad megerdemelt eredmenyehez.
Innentoel aztan tenyleg szaarnyalhatsz!!!
Mill. pussz: Rosztoczy Kati

Julie said...

Thank you, thank you! I am very excited although I think it will only sink in once I get to do something I wasn't able to do before. The actual card arrived in the mail the day after the notification, and it's green!!! :)

Daniel said...

A truly green card? Wow, Congratulations! You can work wherever you want, marry whoever you want. That's not too bad to start 2011 with :)