Monday, December 20, 2010

Share the joy

I am a sharer: nothing makes me happier than getting a bunch of friends together and having the time of our lives. Doesn't matter whether that's a big holiday party at the Hyatt or a cozy dinner party at my apartment. The holidays are just a good excuse to do things like that.

The HSS party was a success as always, although this year I even forgot to eat :) but not to drink. And for the first time, I had a real date to slow-dance with :)





I had some doubts that dinner for 15-20 people the next day at my apartment was going to happen at all; as I woke up with a splitting headache, the room still kind of spinning around. But there is nothing a couple of advils and a stop at Starbucks can't cure. By the time my guests arrived, everything was ready and I was relieved that the huge pot of gulyas soup I made was enough and everyone seemed to have liked it.




And it turns out that we did not leave the holiday party empty-handed once again: call it toy soldier or nutcracker, he is now part of my Christmas decoration - but I swear I had nothing to do with his journey from the Hyatt to my apartment. Although, after all, the penguins need someone to keep them in order :)

No comments: