2 years ago, when I finally invested in vision insurance, I bought a pair of nicer glasses at Vision Express or some store like that. Even with the discounts form EyeMed, I ended up paying over $200 for a pretty plain plastic frame and not much extra on the lenses. Also, it took several fittings to get everything right; and even after all that, the right side of my glasses always sat a little higher on my face. I went back to the store multiple times and they would bend the frame in ways I was sure was going to brake them. In the end, I gave up. Since I don't wear my glasses full time anyway, I decided to just live with them that way: maybe my ears aren't symmetrical and it's not their fault. Since it'd been over 2 years since getting my old glasses, when I went to get a new prescription recently, I asked at the optician about their prices. Even with my insurance, it would have cost nearly $400 to get glasses from them (to be fair, I go to a nice Optometrist, and I am sure I could have gotten something decent for half that price at a regular store).
Ok well, these weren't exactly $39, but that's what most frames on the website cost. Now, I chose one for the outrageous price of $49!

Size: 53-16-135 mm
Total Width: 134 mm
Lens Height: 25 mm
The important thing was to take these measurements very seriously. I measured my old glasses and compared with these numbers listed on the website. I knew I wanted something a little taller (lens height) because I always felt like I was looking above my glasses when they slid down my nose a little. So the Black/Lime frame I chose was $49. Lenses included! And not the crappy thick ones either, nice thinned lenses! Adding to that anti-reflective coating for $25, plus some coupon I found for 10% off, the whole thing came out to $73.95 with shipping and handling included!! Not only that, but the glasses arrived within a week, they came in a nice hard case and with a micro-fiber cleaning cloth! And they are perfectly straight on my face, proving that my ears, in fact, are symmetrical and Vision Express screwed up 2 years ago!
And here is what they look like on me. Not bad, huh?
1 comment:
Not bad at all! Quite stunning, sure they're smart, sophisticated, though they enhance your beauty even further!! And for a excellent price (wore glasses/contacts for 20 yrs) NEVER found em at that price, (even with insurance and knowin a guy who knows a guy). Great pics and happy you found a superb deal! Go Julie go!!
Post a Comment