


It had been a long time since I last went for a good long walk in the city. Yesterday I had a good excuse. Over the weekend Daniel saw this poster, at the Columbus Circle subway station, a whole wall takes up by it. From afar, it doesn't look like much, just a bearded guy finishing the marathon, maybe NYC, exhaustion, joy, whatever you can see on his face. Going closer, you can see that it says "Over 45.000 runners will tackle one of the most challenging race in the world - the least we could do is recognize them by name". Even closer up, you can actually see that there are names written all over the wall, in alphabetical order, all the entrants for this year's marathon. So I walked up closer, looking for the F's, then another guy walked up and asked what I was looking at. I told him. He looked overjoyed, turned out he was running too. He started looking for his name. Then more people walked up. Some were looking for names, some just wondering what the hell we were doing. Everyone taking pictures. By the time I was done, there were at least 20 people standing there, fingers tracing names on the wall. Beautiful. Recognized by name.
5 days to go.
No comments:
Post a Comment