1) Was 2008 a good year for you?
Yes and no. I have learned a lot about myself and the world, but often through disappointments.
2) What were your favorite moments of the year?
Tasting many different kinds of Port wine in Porto; many moments while at home in Budapest, but most memorably, riding a bike along the Danube in Pest looking over at the Castle Hill; spending time with close friends, seeing long lost friends; dancing my socks off at the wedding of 2 good friends; being near the ocean; running a lap around and then swimming in my underwear in a cold cold lake in Stockholm.
3) What were your least favorite moments of the year?
After a long day in lab, finding out that my whole-day experiment failed; saying good-bye to friends and family after visiting home; spending hours at physical therapy for my shin splints; running into an ex at my favorite restaurant, which I had showed him just months before.
4) Where were you when 2008 began?
In NYC, singing karaoke.
5) Who were you with?
With my best friends in NY: Rob, Kelsey, Rachel, Urszula, Utthara, and many others.
6) Where were you when 2008 ended?
At a friend’s apt. at a very small get-together.
7) Who were you with when 2008 ended?
Rob, Leah, and her roommate, Mike.
8) Did you keep your new years resolution of 2008?
Yes
9) Do you have a new years resolution for 2009?
Not really, part of my resolution last year was that I should reflect on things more often and not just at the end of the year.
10) Did you fall in love in 2008?
No, although I have met two people I liked a lot, but both - for different reasons - are unavailable and I fortunately know better than to fall in love hopelessly.
11) Did you break up with anyone in 2008?
No
12) Did you make any new friends in 2008?
Yes. Many. And I am most thankful for it.
13) Who are your favorite new friends?
Hard to answer, but I think it’s a Hungarian girl I met in NY, Kata, in the summer and a few people I met through her later in the year. They have been wonderful.
14) What was your favorite month of 2008?
August.
15) Did you travel outside of your country of residence in 2008?
Yes. Portugal, Hungary, and Sweden.
16) How many different states/provinces did you travel to in 2008?
9 states other than NY in the US.
17) Did you lose anybody close to you in 2008?
Nobody has died, thankfully, but I feel like I have lost a friend; hopefully, just temporarily.
18) Did you miss anybody in the past year?
Many people.
19) What was your favorite movie that you saw in 2008?
It's so difficult to compare different genres: for Hollywood type movies: The Dark Knight, for more artsy ones: Un Secret
20) What was your favorite song from 2008?
MGMT: Time to Pretend
21) What was your favorite record from 2008?
Alanis Morissette: Flavors of Entanglement
22) How many concerts did you see in 2008?
Quite a few, depending on whether we count each one separately at a festival.
23) Did you have a favourite concert in 2008?
Definitely a let-down compared to previous years, but it's always been a dream of mine to see Alanis Morissette, which happened at Sziget Festival this summer.
24) Did you drink a lot of alcohol in 2008?
Too much during the summer; since then, I have been cutting back and have only been drunk a handful of times.
25) Did you do a lot of drugs in 2008?
Only once.
26) How many people did you sleep with in 2008?
Zero.
27) Did you do anything you are ashamed of this year?
Yes, but nothing very serious.
28) What was the worst lie someone told you in 2008?
Not sure. I don't think I ever found out.
29) Did you treat somebody badly in 2008?
I am sure, but hopefully, not too badly. It's impossible to always meet everyone's expectations, but I think I have tried very hard to not treat people badly.
30) Did somebody treat you badly in 2008?
Yes, but maybe I am too sensitive.
31) How much money did you spend in 2008?
Too much. Not sure what I spent it on either.
32) What was your proudest moment of 2008?
Giving a presentation on my research project in front of faculty and students, and then my mentor congratulating me (he's one of the most critical people I have ever known).
33) What was your most embarrassing moment of 2008?
Getting very drunk at a music festival and trying to kiss a certain someone, while REM was playing in the background, most of which I missed due to being too drunk.
34) If you could go back in time to any moment of 2008 and change something, what would it be?
I don't have regrets, but in general, I would try to be more selective in terms of who the people I really open up to are.
35) What are your plans for 2009?
Wow, this could take up pages and pages. I want to experience more of life, fully, this year. Not sure how to go about it yet, though. Would be happy to take any suggestions.
After writing all that and especially looking at all my pictures from the last 12 months, I have to say, it was a pretty good year. I have traveled much and spent lots of time with lots of people I love. Pictures can be misleading sometimes I guess; we never take pictures of the sad moments and the times when we are alone and unhappy. But all in all, 2008 wasn't at all bad, I am taking many fond memories with me to this new year.
2 comments:
looks like a pretty great year :) i love the photo choices :)
good blog! i love it! Well, I don't speak english very good, but I'll return here, 'cause I understant what you whrite. i'm happy now! Sorry my horrible english. One day I'll be perfetc |o|o|o|o|
Kisses nd happy new year =*
Post a Comment