But, on to more exciting things. Now that I am done with my lab meeting presentation - which went really well, as a consequence of which I feel much better about work and I can go away without worrying the whole time about where my life was going - I could take some time off today to run some errands and took a long walk in the process. Along the way, I saw some interesting or pretty things. These two display windows are at an athletic clothing store in my neighborhood, there were several people taking pictures of it while I was admiring it. Gotta love NYC!!
Then I walked across Central Park and came across this truck with huge pictures of his face on it with some inspirational quotes.
The park is so nice when it's covered with snow, especially on bright sunny days like yesterday was, with the midtown skyline as a backdrop to it. Wonderful sight.
The Obama mania is getting a bit out of control. It's going to be impossible for him to live up to these ridiculous expectations. I hope he can at least live up to some of it. In any case, it's good to see that people are actually excited about a politician and I am sure that the craze will soon die down, even in NYC.
With that, I am off. Heading out to the airport pretty soon. The race is on Sunday, wish me luck! I don't plan on checking email, I want it to be a real vacation and to get away from technology as much as I can. As soon as I can I will write about it.
Thanks for reading and all your support!
No comments:
Post a Comment