Wednesday, September 16, 2009

You look great today!



I am addicted to coffee, that's a fact. I also drink my coffee with lots of milk (healthier, right?). Mornings when I don't have milk in the refrigerator (happens unnecessarily often), I get grumpy. Until I make it to the nearest coffee-shop, I am in a bad mood. This morning was one of these mornings.

BUT, as I was standing in a long line - with lots of other grumpy caffeine-addicts - at the coffee-shop, a woman in a really cute outfit with a very lady-like fedora was just leaving with her large cup. I was thinking how great she looked: petite, everything fitting so perfectly, tight leather jacket, nice jeans, nothing too fancy, but the fedora really did the magic! As this was going through my head, the man in front of me in line said to her "You know, you look great!" as she walked by. She was surprised but seemed grateful as she thanked him and left. I think she had a big smile on her face too. I smiled too. How nice to hear something like that on a grumpy morning. A compliment from a stranger, with no agenda, no creepiness, just genuine wish to make another person feel good, can really brighten a gray, grumpy Wednesday morning.

1 comment:

Mum said...

Hiába, az élet legszebb percei, ha valaki megdícsér, csak nem valljuk be magunknak, igaz?