Sunday, November 1, 2009

Run like an animal!


Running is in our blood. But don't take our word for it. Just flip through a recent issue of the American Journal of Human Genetics and you’ll learn that genes like ACTN3 are linked to elite athletic performance. But in a day and age where running gets confused with jogging and medals are dished out merely for participating, we fear that these genes may go dormant, or worse yet, disappear completely. So please, do your part and make sure running doesn’t get lost in the genetic shuffle. Take another runner by the hand and do what comes naturally. That is, other than running. Breed like an animal. Run like an animal.

4 comments:

rachel said...

did you write that? its really good!

Julie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Julie said...

I wish. It was in Runner's World. It's an ad, but I did look it up and had to correct something (about the science part) but I love it!

rachel said...

me too. its great!