The marathon expo this morning was a bit overwhelming! Just minutes after it opened at 10am, there were thousands of people already picking up their numbers, buying lots of running gear, browsing for free stuff. People from all over the world - as the signs outside say: Where the world comes to run. I saw an old acquaintance from the Kansas days 10 years ago; a girl I fenced with there who has since become a runner too, and is working for one of the sport apparel companies. We exchanged a couple of messages on Facebook, so I knew she would be there. But still, small small world!
Then all day, I kept looking at my bib, with the pretty blue numbers on it :) how exciting! Everything is set, I have so to say "placed" my friends along the course so I don't have any long stretches without people I know, although I am expecting to miss some of them, maybe many, since it's gonna be so crowded. A few final errands tomorrow, and then I am all set!
2 days to go!
No comments:
Post a Comment