I am happy to report that I can now sit on the toilet without having to put my hands down before to help. Today, i walked 2 flights of stairs, up and down and jogged across the street to avoid getting hit by a car and there was barely any pain in my legs! I have mostly recovered, physically at least.
Emotionally and mentally, well, I think I am experiencing what some call the post marathon blues. I had anticipated this event for so long and had put so much time and effort in it, both physically and emotionally and now that it's all over, I feel a certain sense of loss. Like what now? I keep looking at pictures from Sunday, ones my friends took, ones posted on Facebook and on various blogs and I keep trying to relive the moments that are still so fresh in my memory.
And then I signed up for the lottery for the NYC Half Marathon in March. We'll see. If not that one, there'll be other ones. And then there'll be NYC 2011, as I have already qualified through the 9+1 program. And I am sure that once I am back running regularly - or at least doing some sort of exercise - again, I will feel back on track too. Until then, I guess it's not the worst thing to try to re-focus my energies on, let's say, work!
No comments:
Post a Comment