Walking in the door after work today, I saw the package immediately. It's not often that I get packages, which I have not ordered. Carefully packed, all taped up, it's the familiar hand writing: my closest friend since as long as I know what friendship means. A late birthday present, a hand written letter, words of encouragement and the deepest trust in me. I don't know anything about stethoscopes, but this one looks beautiful, it's light as a feather and a gorgeous red. I stood in front of the mirror, with it around my neck, imagined it in my lab coat pocket. Then I listened to my heart beat. Strong and loud. Ready to try it out for real; maybe not for some years to come, but here it is now, sitting on my desk, not that I need the extra motivation, but I know that I will one day take it out of its box and listen to a real patient's heart beat.
I will follow my dream, our dream, a few years behind, but I know these years weren't at all waisted and I am coming, don't wait up for me, I'll catch up in time.
1 comment:
Hú Juli!
Nagyon jól mutat a képen, de biztos vagyok benne, hogy rajtad még jobban áll. Meg majd megtanítalak hallgatózási technikákra, hogy minél többet hallhass.
Nézem a járatokat, és megyek tavasszal.
Addig is ölellek
Szidi
Post a Comment