Thursday, November 4, 2010

3


I've run the New York City Marathon 3 times so far. The great thing about the marathon is the fact that I can do sight seeing in that unique and gigantic city while running on my own two feet, taking all that time, to my heart's content.

On the course, there are truly amazing and diverse areas; each with its unique people and cultures--this scene and feel is only possible in New York. Also, I hit my best time in the New York City Marathon.

There is one problem with the marathon, though. You have to put up with the chill while waiting at the starting line, shivering, for a long time in the frigid breeze.

~Haruki Murakami interview with Runner's World Magazine

Forecast for Sunday: high 9C/48F, 0% chance of rain, SUNNY! Could be worse... although not looking forward to the shivering on the Verrazano Bridge.

3 days to go!

No comments: