Friday, April 3, 2009

The hard choice



The hardest choices in life we have to make are those that we know will benefit us at the end of the day and yet we don't want to make for one reason or another. Letting go of something lovely yet destructive, facing reality can tear the heart out. I read somewhere that loving starts with having respect. Out of respect for myself, for the ones I care about, and those on the other side of the equation, I have to accept that I have made the right choice, and now the letting go and the healing can begin. This never gets easier and it takes practice. I can now see how much I have learned and grown through letting go. Every ending brings about a new beginning. I feel sad but light, like a weight has been lifted off of me, and in this new lightness I feel strong.

No comments: