Friday, May 29, 2009

Lonely



I am happy to report that my immune system has won the war over whatever kind of flu I had and all that remains now are a nasty cough and a raspy voice, which might even be called sexy and mysterious by some.

It's been a long time since the last time I was sick and I can't even remember when I missed a whole week of work for something like this. As a result, I have spent the last 4 or so days without very much human contact (probably a good thing for all those who have thus avoided getting the flu). Other than a few online chats and my roommate joining me for lunch one day (she sat in the opposite corner of my room from me and I am still worried she's gonna get sick), I hadn't spoken to or seen anyone since Monday morning. I am not someone who always needs to be with people, but I can now say that I definitely don't like being by myself for 4 days! It's really rather lonely.

Now I remember the last time I was really sick: it was almost 4 years ago and I had tonsilitis, but I happened to be back in Budapest for the summer at the time. It was horrible, I remember not being able to eat anything solid for a couple of weeks my throat was so sore, but having my Mom there to make soup and bring me tea was a huge comfort.

When, one summer, a friend of mine cancelled plans we had already made because her boyfriend got sick and she wanted to stay home to take care of him, I was a little angry and didn't understand her. Now I understand it perfectly. And even though I have lots of friends and I am social enough I think, it's just occurred to me how lonely it is to live in a city with no family and nobody to look after me when I am sick.

Excuse me for feeling a little sorry for myself today. *cough*

1 comment:

oximoron said...

"Excuse me for feeling a little sorry for myself today."

sosegond! :)
a tobbi is te vagy, ez pedig a tobbi resze, tehat a reszed is!

sok sikert es jo egeszseget!
oximoron