
Ahh, spring, how lovely! The trees are finally in full bloom, the city looks more alive. I walked across town the other day, crossing Central Park - for once, not running through it - and noticed all the little things I miss when I am in a rush and worry about my training. I paused next to Strawberry Fields and the "Imagine" mosaic, where a bunch of hippies were playing Beatles songs on their guitars. I think that every time I pass through there, there is someone sitting a bench playing a Beatles song. It's wonderful. I just watched this movie, "Across the Universe" and surprisingly liked it a lot! It's not that I don't like The Beatles, but I just never got into it. As I was watching the movie and listening to all their songs, I realized how many of them were actually on my iPod these days (I must be the only person who listens to Beatles songs and doesn't even know it).
I got a very sweet comment about my blog a few days ago from someone whose opinion I truly value and besides putting me in a really good mood for the rest of the day, it reminded me of the fact that besides running and more recently, yoga (there is also book club which I love, but I didn't start reading for that) writing this blog is the only thing that I have so enjoyed doing that I actually stuck with it. I often get really excited about starting something new only to discover a week or a month later that I have no interest in it anymore and I just drop it. Thanks for reading!
Tomorrow I am off to Boston, send dry thoughts on Sunday (forecast predicts "Some showers", I am so sick of wet running!) and some lucky ones for the Chinatown bus, which always gets you to your destination, the question only is, whether it's gonna take 4 or 8 hours and whether the line for the women's bathroom during the pit-stop will be so long that the bus will leave without you.
No comments:
Post a Comment