Then I lost touch with one of these girls almost completely after I moved to the US. I regret not making any effort to keep in touch with her. She chose a very different path in life from me and our other friend: while we threw ourselves into our studies completely, she got into some trouble with drugs and has been traveling around the world for some time now. She was always the most rebellious of the three of us and I had to admit to myself that I had been judgemental towards her, and I am very sorry for that. Now I think I understand that we have to accept people the way they are and that there is no one right path to take. Everyone is very different and people need different experiences to find their place in the world. I don't know if she has found her place or whether I have found mine - perhaps it's a life-long journey that is not supposed to ever have an end - but she looked incredibly happy and at the end, I think that's most important. She's also just 24 and I am starting to think that we're not even supposed to know what we really want from life at this point in our lives.
Just a side-note: it's funny how things change. She got a nose-ring back when were in high school - she was about 15 - and I thought it was kind of a big deal, something I would never do. I needed 10 more years to get the guts to do it even though I probably always wanted to :)
Just to share some pictures: with family, drinking a really delicious coffee drink, my friends's incredibly cute and adorable babies (I just couldn't resist :)


Last, but not least, a second-hand sex shop. Only in Budapest... the sign says they both buy and sell. How about a used vibrator?
Tomorrow, I am off to Barcelona with my parents. Ahhh, tapas and sangria, here I come!
No comments:
Post a Comment