Sunday, March 1, 2009

Old friends



I have know Szilvi for many years from back in Hungary when she was working for my coach as an assistant. She used to give us lessons and travel to competitions. Then she moved to the US and now is coaching at Princeton. It's so good to see old friends like her, this is why I am totally sucked back into fencing once again. The college season is now winding down - 2 more tournaments next weekend and it's over - and I am plotting how I can stay with it, in terms of practicing and refereeing in the off-season. We'll see...

I finally ran again today. I really need to go more than once a week. It's just been so hard to find motivation in the cold. Today it was lightly snowing - usually I try to avoid any kind of precipitation, but since it's gonna be cold and stormy for the rest of the week, I had no choice. Can't get myself to go to the gym either, just feels like a huge waste of time. It doesn't look like winter is ever going to end here, so I just need to find the motivation somewhere else. Today, it was in registering for NYC 2009! I am officially in, with a guaranteed spot. It's gonna be the 40th NYC marathon and it's gonna include some special celebrations according to the website. I can't wait!!

No comments: