Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Celebrities

In New York one should always carry a camera around. Here is why: walking around in the city one never knows what kind of event one might run into on the way. As I was limping home from my last acupuncture treatment last night, I saw all this commotion around the Lincoln Square Loewe's movie theater with tons of cameras, photographers, lights and of course, the red carpet. There was much noise to be heard as well. By the time I fought my way through the crowd, the star of the night had already entered the building. Sadly, I only found out about 15 minutes later when I was getting tired of waiting around and asked the person next to me about whether or not he'd seen Daniel Craig already, as the event was the NYC premiere of the new Bond movie, Quantum of Solace, which I am super excited to see!

Of course I didn't have my camera, and my phone could only take this rather shitty picture above many heads, with no zoom.



I only saw the late-arriving guests which included Julia Stiles, Debra Messing from "Will and Grace", a guy from Gossip Girl whose name I don't know, and Jeffrey Wright, who I guess starts in the movie. This is what people with the big cameras saw right before I got there:



From now on I will always carry my camera with me, wherever I go.

No comments: