Running in the winter can be a bit difficult. I don't mind the cold whether alone but when it's wet and icy outside as well, I prefer the gym and the treadmill. I get incredibly bored on it, although it's gotten much better since I got an iPod Touch and can watch movies while running. Most of this week was beautiful and sunny outside and I got to run in the park twice. On Friday I finished a whole loop around - 10 km - on the main park drive, all on the pavement, without almost any pain and I felt so great afterwords. Today was a gloomy rainy day and I really wanted to run so I just went to the gym and the treadmill. Even while watching a movie on the tiny screen of my iPod, it gets pretty boring after a few minutes - especially when you're forced to stare at the snail pace progression of time on the digital clock. So I started wondering why I run. And then I found this while searching for Lance Armstrong videos. I guess everyone runs for different reasons.
1 comment:
So, what you are saying is that you would rather be out hunting or chased by people with guns? I suppose I would be healthier if I knew I would have to constantly run from large men in loin clothes.
Post a Comment