Lab has been horrible, my mentor thinks I am too negative, which is true, but he could be a little more understanding. He told me that he was worried about my mental state just yesterday, in front of other people. It was not the slickest thing, made me upset but also made me think. I have been too negative. I need to focus on the good things.
So today I left lab early and went food shopping - for some reason I am worried that things will be closed tomorrow, and I am so used to just running to the deli on the corner for a salad or a sandwich that I don't know what to do when the deli is closed - so I bought all this food, and made my ultimate comfort food: chicken and mashed potatoes. I think it makes me feel so cozy because my Mom used to make it so often when I was growing up. Of course when I make it, it doesn't taste nearly as good as it does when my Mom does. Then I went a little crazy. Cooking or baking makes me feel calmer. So I decided to make sugar cookies. I didn't plan on it when I went to the store, but happened to have all the ingredients, and it's so easy to make. So this is what happened:
People who have been to my apartment know how tiny the kitchen is, so I had to put all the cookie sheets in my room for the cookies to cool. They came out delicious! Dipping them in a warm glass of milk, yummmy!! I feel much calmer and happier.
Here's the recipe I used: Easy-Sugar-Cookies, the most important thing is to melt the butter completely before mixing in the sugar...
Time for an early night as I have to get up early to get a good spot at the parade tomorrow morning.
No comments:
Post a Comment