Dinner with lab-mates last week: no idea how this happened, but so cool!
Today was President's day, kind of a pseudo holiday - some people had to work, some didn't - and I had quite a nice day: slept in, had a slow morning, long lunch with a friend, work for a couple of hours, a good 4 mile run - I am doing some faster runs these days, probably a little faster than 9 minute miles, which feels great - yoga, burrito :) and then saw Sigourney Weaver on the street on my way home. I always get a little excited when I see celebrities. It makes me feel like I live at a really important place - I know it's silly. Anyway, her face seemed a little older than I would have imagined, but otherwise she looked very natural, all bundled up in a big coat and hat, walking with a girl who looked like her daughter.
I really need 3 days in a weekend. I never get all the things I need to do done, and things I want to do, well, forget about that. Even if I wake myself up relatively early, I never have enough time. This weekend was no different. Busy, but also a really fun Valentine's day: romantic dinner with Rach, cocktails, wine, a few too many gin and tonics, double blind date, karaoke, not so much the hangover that lasted most of Sunday, while I had to referee and then shop and prepare for book club I was hosting.
I think I could do much better if I had an extra day every weekend. Now I am ready for the week ahead.
No comments:
Post a Comment