I knew I had to go to the fencing club tonight - I had asked one of the coaches to fix some stuff for me and told him I needed them by tonight - so at the least I was going to get a workout by the end of the day. I would have probably considered skipping if it wasn't for the weapons I had asked to fix. I am so glad I went. There were a few people there tonight around my age (usually there are lots of young kids and then the older amature crowd, who are nice but not too exciting to fence) which is exciting and ended up fencing 3 really strong and long bouts, 2 of them with guys who were way quicker then I am so it was a really good workout. I had that great feeling bordering nausea after the last of the 3 bouts which I hadn't felt in some time. Even after the marathon, I was incredibly tired but since I was running pretty slowly for the whole 42 km's, I didn't feel that same high that comes after you exert yourself and get your heart rate up so much. Also, I think it's nearly impossible to sweat more than during a hard fencing practice, which feels incredibly purifying.
I headed to Chipotle for my well-deserved burrito and then home. While waiting for the subway, I started reading - Madame Bovary - and got quite distracted. Once on the train, at 42nd street, as soon as Charles Bovary was getting ready for dinner, I realized that my dinner had stayed at 23rd street.

I left my burrito on a bench at the subway station! :( I was very upset for a few minutes, then I thought to myself: there are many way worse things than losing a burrito. Maybe someone poor and hungry found it. I hope so. As a consolation price, I got myself 2 slices of pizza on the way home from the subway - whole wheat broccoli, but no guacamole :( - which might have been a little healthier than the burrito still. Maybe life is trying to tell me to cut down on the Chipotle. I have to admit that I had it last night too. I should probably listen to this sign.
No comments:
Post a Comment